This is a brilliant time to be alive. The possibilities for change and transformation are infinite.
I grew up in Port Angeles, Washington, with my mom and dad and four siblings. I loved living near the ocean and mountains. Exploring the wild places of Olympic National Park was where I learned to be at home in the world.
As a young child, I loved school. Much of middle school and high school, however, wasn’t so much fun. I knew there must be a better way.
After receiving my degree in Environmental Studies and Geography, I discovered that better way: the Montessori philosophy of education. I found a new home.
Over the next 20 years I explored the true nature of human development within the context of Montessori education. I worked with young children and then adolescents. They were my teachers. They showed me that:
- our guidance comes from within.
- our essence is naturally loving, eager, cooperative, and generous.
- we each are gifted with unlimited potential and the capacity to heal whatever holds us back.
- challenge, difficulty, and error are a natural part of life and cause for celebration.
- within a properly prepared environment (within and outside of the self) we will each find what we need for our growth and expansion.
As my teachers, the children and adolescents prepared me for the next step of my journey. These are the principles that still inform my work today.
Although life and learning were rich as a Montessori teacher, there were obstacles to my own personal development. I didn’t know about energy medicine and intuitive healing and much of my life was defined by a series of limiting beliefs. Over time, I lost touch with my vitality. I fell asleep.
The “waking up” happened in a moment of grace when I remembered the feeling of connection to my self and my natural vitality. I didn’t know then exactly what to do, but I could see that I had wandered off course. I asked for help, and the Universe responded. Within a few short months I had connected with a community of support, a gifted healer, and a multitude of teachers and guides who pointed me on the path to my new work in the world.
Now I have an amazing life and every day is an adventure. I am blessed with a loving partner, two incredible four-legged companions, fulfilling friendships, a strong connection to my inner guidance, and the most inspiring work I could imagine—teaching and consulting throughout the Pacific Northwest, California, and with distance clients around the world.
- Founded “The Alchemy Mystery School” in 2012
- Launched consulting practice, “Fundamental Feng Shui,” in 2004.
- Received certification in Classical Feng Shui from the Golden Gate School of Feng Shui in 2004.
- Received training in Geomancy (“dowsing”) in 2004.
- Became certified as a Reiki Master in 2003.
- Diploma in Montessori education from the Association Montessori International, AMI, 1983.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Geography and Environmental Studies, 1981.
- Director of the Seattle Chapter of the International Feng Shui Guild, 2008-2012.
- Member of The International Feng Shui Guild and the American Society of Dowsers.