This is such a rich time of year. There is a great deal of vitality available, but to access it requires a shift in perspective and orientation. “Balance” and “Going Deep” are the words I’ve been using to describe the practices for success this fall.
Finding the balance between giving and receiving, activity and stillness, work and play, can be especially difficult when days become shorter and we naturally need more rest and quiet time. Today’s newsletter offers some reminders and tools for thriving this fall.
Wishing you vitality and joy,
Inside This Edition
- Finding Your Balance from Within
- Client Profile: Marketing Puget Sound
- Feng Shui Corner: Your Helpful Friends Area
- Special Announcement!
- Upcoming Events
Finding Your Balance From Within
The season of Fall offers a unique opportunity for growth. As the vitality of the Sun is waning and the Night is gaining strength, we are challenged to dig deep. In the same way that the trees withdraw their sap from their branches, release their leaves, and move their life force deep within the earth, we too must turn within for the source of our strength.
The Western industrialized world tends to ignore the wisdom of this half of the cycle of life. Our culture prizes the traits of the extrovert. We are encouraged to push forward, identify with outer circumstances and rely on our individuality to succeed. These skills have their place, but this is the opposite of what is required as the “yin” energies of fall and winter come into form.
Here are three basic points of awareness that can help you thrive this fall:
- Grounding. Fall is about moving your awareness within, strengthening your intuition, and paying attention before action. Nature will be your teacher here. Remember the tree, moving life force down into her roots. In the same way you can strengthen your own grounding cords or roots into Earth. The deepest vitality in fall and winter lies within the Earth. Think of rich, dark soil and the teeming life just under the surface.
- Connecting. This time of year your deepest strength and potential lies in collaboration and joining with others. Call on your “Helpful Friends,” both physical and in spirit. Expand your influence in the world by connecting with others. Remember to ask for help and watch circumstances unfold as if by magic.
- Balance. Fall is about balance, especially through honoring the body and her natural limits. During this half of the year, when there is less natural Chi available, you are encouraged to treasure your life force, rather than squander it through old habits of stress or over-reacting. Inner alignment (mindfulness, centering, and grounding) allows you to “Flow” with the rhythms around you. When you are aligned within you naturally participate in life without over extension or depletion.
All of these practices allow you to flow with the natural momentum of the time.
Remember that your true power lies within. This means making decisions and taking actions from a place of internal alignment. Don’t over think it. When you act from alignment you naturally move in proper timing and respond to details with a minimum of effort. And remember that you’re not here alone – the Helpers of the Universe are waiting to assist you!
By living in alignment with the natural processes of life, you can learn to thrive during each season of the year. Have a wonderful Fall!
Client Profile: Marketing Puget Sound
MPS provides complete marketing services, from brand identity through website development, online presence, marketing campaigns, innovative messaging, design, and management.
I have been working with Bobbie for several months and have been impressed with her commitment to excellence. Bobbie leads her team by cultivating a collaborative environment that reflects their core values and in turn offers creative innovation and excellence to their clients.
One of the inspiring aspects in my work with Bobbie, and the reason I featured her this month, is the way she is learning to lead from internal alignment as she balances the complexities of her busy life. She is experiencing prosperity and well being by harnessing her confidence, power, and creative fire from within.
Marketing Puget Sound’s brand new website, just unveiled this month, is a lovely example of the creative alchemy of this dynamic team. You can see the new website and learn more about Marketing Puget Sound here.
Here’s what Bobbie says about our work together:
I’ve consulted with Beth for Feng Shui and business coaching, and she always brings a positive and calming approach to help solve core issues. She knows her stuff and has taught me just the right things to do at the right times, addressing relevant issues, both personally and professionally. Whatever challenges you may have, internally or externally, Beth will help you to clear out any difficult or negative energy, and create the abundance, peace and serenity you desire!
Feng Shui for October: Your Helpful Friends Area
To locate the Helpful Friends area within a space, look to the right corner on the wall in which you enter the room. Whether it’s the entry to your home, or the doorway to your office or bedroom, when you activate the area right of the entry you increase your experience of reciprocity and support in your life.
One of the best ways to activate the Helpful Friends area is with a special box. Inside the box are slips of paper on which you write the names of those from whom you receive support. These can be physical beings or non-physical guides. They may be family and friends, professional allies, teachers, historical figures who have inspired you, or ancestors from your lineage whose gifts you have received even though you never met.
The helpful Friends area can offer powerful support for your work in the world.
- The photo here is of Bobbie Bailey’s Helpful Friends box in her office at MPS. She includes names of those clients and friends who have supported her work.
- A friend launching an important new business project writes a slip for each person she meets who expresses support for her new endeavor. Over the months the box is overflowing and it reminds her on a daily basis of all the ways that the Universe is showing up to help her manifest her dream.
- Another client says, “I also include ancestors as “friends”….those who have passed on who embodied the energy I want to bring forth…like Ghandi or some of my favorite and inspiring Jungian analysts…and even relatives who have passed on. Basically I call on anyone, alive or passed, who I see as a mentor or someone who has as an energy that I want to bring to my life.”
Create a Helpful Friends box this Fall and watch the Universe step up with support!
I am excited to be participating in the launch of Danielle Rama-Hoffman’s new book, “The Council of Light.” This is a practical and inspiring guide that teaches you how to connect personally with the Ascended Masters and healing tools from the Realms of Light.
When you purchase your copy of The Council of Light tomorrow, October 30, you will receive thousands of dollars of free gifts from a variety of gifted healers and teachers. As part of the launch, I will be offering a free audio and written version of the Octahedron Meditation, as well as a free admission to November’s monthly distance energy session.
You’ll receive a special email from me tomorrow morning with all the details so that you can take advantage of this very special opportunity, and also help promote Danielle’s new book to the world.
- Space is Still Available! Introduction to Tarot Sunday, Nov 3, 10 am – 5 pm. Beginners through intermediate welcome. Workshop information and registration here.
- New Offering! Monthly Distance Energy Session: Wednesday, Nov 6, 12 noon. Topic: “Messages from Gaia for Support, Strength, and Wisdom.” Monthly Energy Session information and registration here. Purchase Danielle’s book tomorrow and receive a free registration for November’s session.
- Second Thursday Salon: Nov 13, 7-9 pm. Topic: “Creating Sacred Space in Your Home.” Salon information and registration here. Space is limited so you’ll want to reserve soon.
- Coming in 2014: A Very Special Tarot Retreat – Details Coming Soon! (email me if you’d like advance notice of this event)