Greetings and Happy Full Moon!
Today we celebrate the annual Harvest Moon. Traditionally each year, the Full Moon closest to Fall Equinox was welcomed because of the extra light it offered during the important harvest season. This week you can celebrate the Harvest Moon in a similar way, by taking inventory of your own personal harvest.
As you reflect on your life over the past several months, what are the gifts you have received? What challenges have you overcome? What new skills and abilities have you anchored? What circumstances and relationships bring blessings to your life?
These final days of September are a valuable time for reflection, and especially so are these next three days of Full Moon. On Sunday we will cross a threshold into a new season. Today’s newsletter offers some ideas for your own Fall Equinox celebration.
In this Issue
- The Importance of Fall Equinox
- September Feng Shui Tip: Refresh Your Entry for Fall
- Announcements and Upcoming Events
The Importance of Fall Equinox
Each year the Fall Equinox brings new possibilities to your life.
This is the midway point of an annual cycle of growth which began in March at the Spring Equinox. The six months of spring and summer are focused on personal growth and personal development. When the Fall Equinox arrives you enter the second half of the cycle, and bring your gifts to the world.
Fall is all about creation. You have the opportunity now to build new worlds by connecting with others. In the second half of the year, the highest potentials are available through collaboration and co-creation. The size of the group isn’t what matters. What’s important is the opportunity to bring your gifts and talents to a larger playing field so that something even bigger can be born.
Ways to Reflect and Prepare for Fall
- Access your eagerness and optimism for what is coming. This includes appreciation for all of the good that currently exists, and eagerness for all that you envision and feel. This is an important time to anchor in trust and confidence that your dreams WILL become manifest. When Fall arrives the magnetism of your field will attract the circumstances and Helpers you need to bring your dreams to form.
- Feel the power of balance and equilibrium in your life. Inner balance is a quality of the will. In order to succeed in the world, you need to be able to maintain your inner sense of balance, and not be shifted by external circumstances. During this time of equal day and night, you have the opportunity to feel true “cosmic equilibrium” and expand your own capacity for inner balance. What is your current capacity for inner equilibrium? Where do you desire more balance? Set these intentions.
- The power of the night sky. As the Sun recedes each year, our awareness returns to the night sky. We reconnect with the multitude of Stars, our reminder of our membership in the larger community of the Universe. Take time in the evening or early morning to revisit the night sky and your own favorite stars. To which star systems and constellations do you feel connected?
Shifting from Self-Reliance to the Group
Spring and summer are all about self-reliance and personal development. Those are the seasons to practice personal empowerment. As you move into fall the focus shifts, and it’s time to be aware of your connections to others. Fall is about relationships. The skills of collaboration and communication will help you bring your personal dreams to form.
What are your skills in relationship? Where do you have room for growth?
- Is it easy for you to ask for help?
- When and with whom do you fall back on habits of self reliance and going it alone?
- Do you have fears about giving up your power?
- Are you able to release personal attachment to outcome in order that a larger vision may be realized?
The highest possibilities this fall lie in the creative power of your relationships. When you collaborate with like-minded Others, together you will create a larger good.
September Feng Shui Tip: Refresh Your Entry for Fall
This week we are literally crossing the threshold to a new season. This is a great time to take a look at the main threshold of your home.
Your front door is a literal and symbolic entry for all of the energies that are entering your life. Is your entryway clear, clean, and beautiful? Does your threshold feel welcoming and inviting to all who arrive?
Here are a few suggestions for creating a fresh start this fall:
- Look at your entire entry with fresh eyes. Walk up the street to your house, pretending that you’ve never been here before. Notice everything, especially first impressions. Is there a clear, inviting path to the front door? What details are calling for your attention?
- Pay attention to order. Is everything clean and clear? Put away everything that has accumulated around your entry, both inside and out. Pare down to the essentials. If necessary you can also scrub the porch and entryway.
- The front door is the vehicle for entry. Is your front door in good repair? Does your doorknob work? Is all the hardware clean and in good working order? Does the door open and close without resistance or squeaks?
- Do you have a functional and beautiful welcome mat? This is your “launch pad to the world” and sets the energy for your threshold. Is your welcome mat large enough for the doorway? Is it in good repair? If you’re not in love with it or it looks a bit worn, this would be a great time to get a new one.
- Can the world easily find you? Are your house numbers clearly visible? Are they clean and pleasing to the eye?
- Does all of the front lighting work? Are the entry way windows clean? Good light and clean windows are both important for brightness and clarity in your life.
- Living plants and flowers add beauty and vitality to your entry. If you have entry planters, this is a great time to refresh them for fall. If not, perhaps you would like to create a new planter with fall perennials. Your local nursery can help you make a beautiful low maintenance arrangement that will last through the winter.
When you refresh your entry, you welcome new energy and new possibilities to your life. This is a busy time of year, but with these tips in hand just a few minutes devoted to your home’s entry to the world will pay off in big ways!
Announcements and Upcoming Events
- New this fall! Second Thursday Salons October’s theme is “Connect with Your Spirit Guides.”
- The Wisdom of Tarot Offered twice, on Saturday, September 28 and Sunday, November 2.
- Alchemy Reiki Training Reiki I-II is October 12-13, and Reiki III is November 17.
- Feng Shui Consultations and Personal Energy Sessions Schedule one-on-one time with me and I’ll help you fully connect to your own path of power this fall! Click here to access my scheduling calendar.